Ultra-cut was essentially a dormant technology prior to DPP being called in to assist. DPP's role in bringing Ultra-Cut to a broader market has been:
- Identifying application opportunities
- Alliancing with JV partners prior to marketting
- Developing a pricing structure
- Preparation of an Investment Memorandum
- Currently developing business plan
Ultra-Cut is a proprietary, proven, high precision abrasive fluid jetting technology with the capability of cutting through multiple layers of steel, cement and formation rock in a single trip.
The technology is patented with patents including multiple axis, computer controlled operation of the bottom-hole assembly.
Field trials have shown that Ultra-cut does not require an air pocket at the cutting site and can achieve full performance in a fully liquid filled environment. This eliminates the need for traditional rotating nozzles. Removing mechanically moving parts from the design provides an inherent improvement in reliability.
Ultra-cut can be programmed to slot, cut or disintegrate steel into many forms – from large retrievable coupons down to iron oxide compound. The latest development of this technology allows it to be used as a rigless operation.
Ultra-cut applications include:
- Direct abrasive drilling
- Accessing bypassed behind-casing pay zones
- Casing slotting
- Window cutting
- Deep penetration perforating
- Sidetrack kick-off point preparation
- Removal of downhole obstructions / stuck tools
- 360 deg multi axis cutting for abandonment
Speed and accuracy of cut are a specific feature of the technology giving cut characteristics that are clean and environmentally friendly (only water and abrasives used).